Katy's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cbutter at room temperature
1 cpacked light brown sugar
1/2 ccane sugar
4 tspvanilla extract
1 1/4 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
3 cquick cooking oats
2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Katy's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat to 325 degrees
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and cane sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into the creamed mixture gradually until just blended.
- Mix in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet(s).
- IMPORTANT: Baking time is APPROXIMATELY 12 minutes. The edges of the cookies should be golden brown and the centers still soft.
- Remove from heat and allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.