Kahlua Chocolate Almond Biscotti
In the photo, my cookies are twice glazed. I used Nestle's Dark Chocolate and spread it lightly along the side of each cookie. Then, I piped white chocolate on top, mostly to tell which cookie is which as I am experimenting with different biscotti recipes!
NOTE: Do not attempt to divide the dough into three logs and fit on one pan, unless you want the entire pan covered. You will have to cut the cooked logs more than necessary.
I hope you enjoy these!
2 1/2 cflour
1 Tbspbaking soda
1 calmonds (blanched)
1/2 cchocolate chips of choice (i used nestle's dark chocolate)
2 tspvegetable shortening
3/4 ccocoa powder
How to Make Kahlua Chocolate Almond Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat eggs until fluffy. Add sugar, vanilla and Kahlua. Blend until smooth.
- Slowly add dry ingredients. Blend well until dough forms. Fold in nuts. Mixture will be sticky.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Grease two pans or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Divide batter in half onto the two pans. Form batter into logs about 4 x 12 and 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake 20 minutes. Cool for about 20 minutes. Slice and bake another 20 minutes. Turn slices over and bake 15 minutes more. Cool completely and glaze to decorate.