- 1 c
- plus 2 tbsps. of all purpose flour
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 c
- softened butter
- egg yoke, beaten
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 c
- of your favorite jam or preserves
How to Make Jelly Jewel Cookies
- 1Combine flour and sugar in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until coarse crumbs form. Add beaten egg yolk and vanilla. Mix until dough holds together.
- 2Shape into small balls using half teaspoonfuls. Place 1-inch apart on cookie sheet. Make small indentation in center of each. Chill 20 minutes.
- 3Heat oven to 350. Fill each cookie with scant 1/4 teaspoon jam, jelly or preserves. Bake 11-13 minutes, or until edges are just golden.