Jayne's oh so good...Toffee Bars
They were sooooo good.
She is a wonderful cook.
YES...we brought home hershey candy by the bunches..=;D
While we were there both their daughters had birthdays. These were a big hit!!!
- salted saltine crackers or enough to line your pan
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 c
- packed brown sugar
- 2 c
- (16 oz) semi sweet chocolate chips
- (optional) enough crushed nuts to cover the top
How to Make Jayne's oh so good...Toffee Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 400 dF and line a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with foil.
Then line the pan with saltine crackers in a single layer until bottom of pan is covered.
- 2In a small pot combine sugar and butter and bring to a boil.
Once mixture is at a boil, continue boiling for 3 minutes. Mixture should be a deep caramel color. Immediately pour over saltines and spread to cover crackers completely.
Bake at 400 dF, for 5 to 6 minutes. The crackers will look all bubbly.
- 3Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and let sit a couple of minutes to melt (or set back in oven a bit to speed melting (or melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 1 minute) then spread it over saltines.
- 4After spreading crackers with the melted chocolate then top with chopped nuts if desired.
Jayne used pecans, you can use any chopped nuts you desire (or no nuts).
- 5Cool completely before you break into pieces.
Jayne set the pans (yes, we made 2-pans) in the refrig over night and we broke them into pieces the next morning. So quick, sooo easy and delish!!!