★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 ccake flour
1/2 cwhite whole wheat flour
1 tsploose jasmine tea, crushed
1/4 cbutter, softened
1/4of an 8-oz package of reduced fat cream cheece ( neufchtel) , softened
1/2 cgranulated sugar
·powdered sugar ( optional)
How to Make Jasmine Tea Cookies
- In a small bowl, stir together cake flour, white whole wheat flour, and jasmine tea; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter and cream cheese. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and salt. Beat in egg whites and vanilla until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg whites and vanilla until combined. Beat as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour mixture. Wrap and chill dough about 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees f. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or just until edges and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheets 1 minute. transfer cookies to wire racks; cool. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes about 24
- tip: do not use sugar substitute in this recipe.
To Store: layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container. Cover; seal. Store at room temperature for up to 1 day or freeze for up to 1 month.