Italian Walnut Shortbread Cookies
How to Make Italian Walnut Shortbread Cookies
- Beat your butter and sugar together in a large bowl until fluffy. Add your vanilla and blend in well.
- In seperate bowl sift your flour and baking soda together. Add this to the butter mix and mix in just until incorporated.
- Stir in ground walnuts by hand.
- Roll dough into a ball and place in bowl covered with saran wrap. Refrigerate for at least two to three hours
- Once dough has been refrigerated. Roll it out onto a floured surface to about 1/4 inch in thickness. Using your favorite cookie cutters cut dough into shapes.
- Place shaped dough onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. and bake in preheated 300 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Cookies should not be allowed to brown up.
- Remove from oven and cool. Once cool you can drizzle with chocolate, dip half in chocolate or dip entire cookie. Or simply eat them as is!