Italian "S" or Sandwich Cookies
How to Make Italian "S" or Sandwich Cookies
- beat eggs and almond flavor in a small bowl, melt crisco shortening and butter-cool slightly and add to egg mixture
- add milk and sugar, beat until smooth
- Mix flour and baking powder and blend together with egg mixture.
- Either roll out to form snakes to make "s" cookies or roll into logs to make sandwich cookies. Any size is good , we make ours about 1/2 to an inch round.
- bake on greased cookie sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes until firm but not brown, cool add jam for sandwich cookies.
- Instead of buying colored sugars we just made our own with food coloring, shredded coconut is also nice to use