Italian "S" Cookies
2 call-purpose flour
1 stickbutter, room temperature
3 tspbaking powder
1/2 tsplemon extract
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
1 tsplemon extract
3 - 4 Tbspmilk
How to Make Italian "S" Cookies
- Combine softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
- Add lemon extract.
- Combine flour and baking powder. Add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Pinch about a 1 inch of dough and between your hands roll dough into a 3-inch log. Shape into an S.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Make a simple glaze with powdered sugar, lemon extract and milk. Dip top of cookies in glaze and let dry on rack.