Italian "S" Cookies
How to Make Italian "S" Cookies
- Combine softened butter and sugar till light and fluffy
- Add eggs one at time, mixing well after each egg.
- Add lemon extract
- Combine flour and baking powder. Add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Pinch about an 1 inch of dough and between your hands roll dough into a 3 inch log. Shape into an S
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350' for 7 to 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Make a simple glaze with powdered sugar, lemon extract and milk. Dip top of cookies in glaze and let dry on rack.