ITALIAN COOKIES FOR DIABETICS
2 1/2 call purpose flour plus extra for work surface
1/3 csugar (if you use splenda for baking the carbs are less
1/2 tspbaking powder
·pinch of salt
1/4 ccorn oil (placed in freezer) for 20 min before using
2 tspvanila extract
How to Make Italian Cookies for Diabetics
- Preheat oven to 375F Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the corn oil and mix well to combine
- Combine milk and vanilla extract in a small bowl and stir into the flour/sugar mixture Mix ingridients well to form dough and turn out into a lightly floured work surface
- Break off 1-inch pieces of dough and roll them to create finger shapes cookies. Place in baking sheets and slightly flatten top of cookies with a finger.
Bake 18-20 minutes until very golden.