- 2 1/2 c
- all purpose flour plus extra for work surface
- 1/3 c
- sugar (if you use splenda for baking the carbs are less
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 c
- corn oil (placed in freezer) for 20 min before using
- 1/4 c
- 2 tsp
- vanila extract
ITALIAN COOKIES FOR DIABETICS
How to Make Italian Cookies for Diabetics
- 1Preheat oven to 375F Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
- 2Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- 3Stir in the corn oil and mix well to combine
- 4Combine milk and vanilla extract in a small bowl and stir into the flour/sugar mixture Mix ingridients well to form dough and turn out into a lightly floured work surface
- 5Break off 1-inch pieces of dough and roll them to create finger shapes cookies. Place in baking sheets and slightly flatten top of cookies with a finger.
Bake 18-20 minutes until very golden.