How to Make Italian cookies
- 1beat the eggs add in the sugar, cooled melted butter, oil, lemon ext. &milk. Mix well
- 2Add baking powder to 2 c flour. Mix to blend.
- 3Add to the liquid mixture and knead to form a nice soft dough.
- 4Form the dough into a loaf. Take a piece of dough, form it into a rope and form into spiral, love knot or can just ball them. (My aunt use to braid three smaller ropes together)
- 5Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes. Let cool completely. Glaze with a mixture of hot water and powdered sugar, sprinkle with multi colored sprinkles or colored sugar. Wipe the bottoms, they can get sticky from the glaze.