Italian Bakery Butter Cookies
You can also color the dough depending on occasion..or use madelaine cookie pans
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 c
- white sugar
- 1 1/2
- 1 1/2 tsp
- almond extract
- 3 3/4 c
- 1 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- seedless strawberry or raspberry jam
- 1 c
- semi sweet chocolate morsels, melted
- multi colored sprinkles (or jimmies)
How to Make Italian Bakery Butter Cookies
- 11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla .
- 2Add dry ingredients and mix well.
Place dough in a pastry bag fitted with a number 4-S tip (the S means 'star'), and pipe out in 2 inch bars on greased baking pan. (Can also be piped into rosettes or other shapes)
- 3Bake for about 5 to 7 minutes, until very lightly browned on bottom!
Put baked cookies together with jam, frosting or dip half cookie in melted chocolate and dip in sprinkles.