Incomparably Good Chocolate Chip Cookies
Note: White Chocolate pudding mix is the best to use followed by vanilla. Also, I always use vanilla bean paste instead of extract if available in your area.
2 1/4 cflour
1 tspbaking soda
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 pkginstant pudding (4 oz pkg)
1 tspvanilla extract
1/8 tspalmond extract
2 cchocolate chips
DON'T MAKE THESE ALONE
OR YOU'LL WANT TO EAT THEM ALL
How to Make Incomparably Good Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together brown sugar, sugar, butter and shortening.
- Then mix in the instant pudding mix, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Now mix in both eggs.
- Add the flour/salt/baking soda mixture a little at a time until mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Size determines quantity - I like to make big cookies (maybe 3 tbs each) so I get around 30 cookies. Remember to watch the baking time if you make them smaller.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Watch them and take them out when the edges and top only just begin to turn lightly golden. If you are a crunchy cookie person, cook until the whole cookie is golden. I have never gone past 10 minutes but ovens vary.
- Also great with splenda and you can use margarine instead of butter.
You can use any kind of pudding mix for this as long as it is instant. White Chocolate mix is my favorite and vanilla a close second. Change it up with milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet, or add pecans or walnuts. Let us know what you come up with!