I Heart You Cookies for my Sweetheart
Diane Hopson Smith
I used my "Butter Cutout Cookies" recipe for my heart shaped cookies, added a raspberry filling, made a sweetheart sammie and glazed.
The raspberry filling took these cookies over the top!
You can use the store bought refrigerator cookies,just roll them out and cut in desired shapes. Or have your bakery make your cut out cookie without the glaze.
Butter Cut Out Cookies - Dee Dee's
- 4 large
- heart shape butter or sugar cookie
- small/med heart shape butter or sugar cookie
- raspberry preserves, seedless
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- corn syrup, light
- 1 plus Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- almond extract
- food coloring, i used americolor #120 super red, #126 bright white, #132 soft pink
How to Make I Heart You Cookies for my Sweetheart
- 1DIRECTIONS FOR GLAZE:
Place all ingredients, except the food coloring, into a medium sized bowl; whisk to combine.
- 2You want it thick like a thick syrup. Add more powdered sugar to thicken, and more milk to thin.
- 3Add the food coloring, stir until well combined.
- 4Pour the icing into a condiment bottle. Be sure to put the cap on to ensure it doesn't dry out.
Repeat steps for each additional color.