Husband's Favorite Italian Cookies
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
- 1/2 lb
- 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- vanilla or anise extract
- 4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp
- baking powder
- 3-3/4 c
- confectioners sugar
- 5-6 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- decorations: flaked coconut or assorted sprinkles
How to Make Husband's Favorite Italian Cookies
- 1In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract.
- 2Combine the flour and baking powder, gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 3Drop by rounded teaspoonsful onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4For icing, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Dip cookies, cllowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; decorate as desired. Let stand until set.