Honey Lavender Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- 3/4 tsp
- baking soda
- .50 tsp
- 1 1/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- lavender, crushed
- 2 Tbsp
- 12 Tbsp
- 1 large
- 3/4 c
- dark chocolate shavings
How to Make Honey Lavender Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a small bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix it up really well then set to the side.
- 3In another small bowl, combine the sugar and lavender and make sure it is mixed well.
- 4In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar mix until smooth. Add the egg and stir until light and fluffy. Slowly add flour mixture until everything is just combined.
- 5Add the chocolate shavings just a bit at a time and it is best to fold in by hand. Continue doing this until the dough becomes round and the chocolate is mixed well into it.
- 6On a parchment lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, pinch off dough and roll into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart.
- 7Bake for 7-9 minutes, until cookies have spread and are a very light brown *Note I made this in a big kitchen in a culinary school, so you may need to bake longer*
- 8Allow to cool then place cookies in freezer until chilled so the ice cream won't melt on contact.
- 9I used a round cookie cutter to help me get a close to match to the size of my cookies for the ice cream. You can use ice cream of your choice, but I recommend honey-vanilla flavored. cut out round pieces of ice cream about 1/2 inch thick and sandwich between the cookies. Enjoy!