Holiday Sugar Cookies
How to Make Holiday Sugar Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 2Thoroughly cream margarine, sugar and vanilla. Add egg and water.
- 3Beat until light and fluffy.
- 4Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Blend into creamed mixture.
- 5Divide dough in half and chill 1 hour. On a lightly floured surface roll dough to 1/8-in thickness.Cut into desired shapes.
- 6If desired, brush lightly with milk and sprinkle with colored sugar, or, after baking, frost with your favorite cookie frosting.
- 7Bake on greased cookie sheet 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool slightly. Transfer from pan to paper towel or rack.