Holiday Sugar Cookies
How to Make Holiday Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Thoroughly cream margarine, sugar and vanilla. Add egg and water.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Blend into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half and chill 1 hour. On a lightly floured surface roll dough to 1/8-in thickness.Cut into desired shapes.
- If desired, brush lightly with milk and sprinkle with colored sugar, or, after baking, frost with your favorite cookie frosting.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool slightly. Transfer from pan to paper towel or rack.