Holiday Ice cream Loaf
Pumpkin for Thanksgiving
Pepermint for Christmas
Mint Chip for St Patrick's Day..etc
Orginal recipe from Eagle Brand.
- 2 c
- finely crushed chocolate sandwich cookies(20)
- 3 or 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter,melted
- 1 c
- crushed peppermint candy, divided
- 1/4 c
- 14 oz
- can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 to 2 dash(es)
- red food coloring
- 2 c
- heavy cream, whipped (do not use thawed dairy whipped topping)
How to Make Holiday Ice cream Loaf
- 1Line a loaf pan with foil, extending over sides of pan. Combine cookie crumbs and butter, press firmly into bottom and partway up sides of pan.
- 2Blend 1/4 cup peppermint candy and water in a blender until candy dissolves.
Combine milk,food coloring,1/2 cup of crushed peppermint candy and the peppermint liquid; mix well.
- 3Fold in whipped cream and remaining 1/4 cup crushed candy. Pour into prepared pan. Cover.
Freeze at least 6 hours or overnight.
To serve , remove from pan, peel off foil gently and slice. Garnish with chocolate leaves and whipped cream, if desired.