Holiday Gifting Ricotta Egg Biscuits
Blue Ribbon Recipe
These are very similar to a tea cake but a whole lot easier to make! The icing on these fluffy and cake-like cookies is not overly sweet. They are a great addition to your holiday cookie tray. This recipe makes a lot of cookies - you could package them for fun gifts! The Test Kitchen
1/2 lbbutter, softened (equals 2 sticks)
2 tspvanilla extract
1 lbricotta cheese
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
How to Make Holiday Gifting Ricotta Egg Biscuits
- Cream butter and sugar. Mix until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add ricotta cheese and extract. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, and baking powder gradually.
- After well incorporated I find that if you refrigerate the dough about 30 minutes, covered so as not to dry out, the dough is then easier to handle.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls or roll into small balls onto an ungreased parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the icing: Combine 1 1/2 cups of confectioners' sugar, 3-4 tablespoons of milk, a teaspoon of vanilla or another extract (you could also add food coloring if you wanted colored icing). I also add about a tablespoon of meringue powder to the icing although my mother never did. I find it helps dry the icing quicker.
- Ice cookies and top with colored sprinkles.