1 pkgchocolate and white chocolate foil wrapped candy
1 cbutter, softened
1/2 cconfectioners' sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
2 1/4 call purpose flour
3/4 calmonds, toasted and finely ground
How to Make Hidden Hugs Cookies
- Heat oven to 400.
- Remove wrappers from chocolate pieces.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir together flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Add nuts; blend well.
- Mold scant tablespoon dough around each chocolate piece, covering completely.
- Shape into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Cool slightly; roll in powdered sugar.
- Cool completely.
- Before serving, roll again in powdered sugar, if desired.
- NOTE: To toast almonds, heat oven to 350 and then spread almonds in thin layer in shallow baking pan.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown; cool.