Hazelnut Sandwich Cookies
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 3/4 c
- butter, softened
- 1 pkg
- (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c
- sour cream
- 1 large
- 1 Tbsp
- hazelnut liqueur
- 2 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/3 c
- finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 3/4 c
- milk chocolate chips, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 to 5 tablespoons milk
How to Make Hazelnut Sandwich Cookies
- 1In large mixing bowl, combine 1c sugar, butter, cream cheese, sour cream, egg and liqueur.
Beat at medium speed with mixer until well blended.
Add flour and baking powder.
Beat at low speed until soft dough forms.
- 2Stir in hazelnuts.
Cover with plastic wrap.
Chill for 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
- 3Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls
Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Flatten balls with the bottom of a drinking glass, dipping glass in additional granulated sugar to prevent sticking.
Bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until set.
- 4In small mixing bowl, combine filling ingredients
Beat at high speed until light and fluffy.
Spread about 2 teaspoons of filling on each bottom of 1/2 of the cookie batch.
Gently press bottoms of remaining cookies against the filling to form sandwiches.