GRANDMAS SUGAR COOKIES...Cin
*Mary Ann Gwin Morman (lifelong resident of Ashley County).
It is from her families cookbook:
"Austin Family Secrets"
NOTE:(PHOTO'S ARE MINE, OF MY COOKIES...CinStraw)
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- sugar (splenda or stevia)
- 1 tsp
- 2 c
- 1 tsp
- baking powder (sifted into flour)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- heavy cream
How to Make GRANDMAS SUGAR COOKIES...Cin
- 1Blend shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- 2Add the flour and baking powder, blend.
Batter will be thick, add cream.
- 3Drop by teaspoons onto cookie sheet.
Flatten with fork dipped in water.
- 4Sprinkle tops of cookies with a mix of sugar and cinnamon (I keep a shaker pre-mixed for cookies and muffins).
- 5Bake in a 375°F preheated oven for 10-to-12 minutes.