Grandma's Christmas Butter Cookies
How to Make Grandma's Christmas Butter Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In large bowl(use my large 6qrt casserole bowl), cream butter & sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3Add eggs & vanilla; blend together.
- 4In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, & salt. Then add to butter mixture.
- 5Knead/mix (inside bowl) thoroughly-(at this point I have to use my hands).
- 6Load dough into cookies press and press into desired shapes onto non-greased cookies sheets. Decorate with colored sugars as desired.
- 7Bake 6 to 8 minutes until edges are light brown-DO NOT OVER BAKE.
- 8HINT: If dough stays too sticky, add a little more Wondra flour and knead into dough. Also, dampen paper towel and cover dough in-between pressing cookies onto sheets so dough will not dry out.