Grandma Sharon's Mexican Wedding Cakes
1/2 lbbutter- room temp (not margarine)
1/2 csifted powdered sugar
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
1 1/2 Tbspbrandy- (the "secret" ingredient)
2 1/2 csifted flour
1 cchopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 tspbaking powder
·extra powdered sugar for coating cookies
How to Make Grandma Sharon's Mexican Wedding Cakes
- Beat the butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Sift in powdered sugar and cream together.
- Add yolk, vanilla, and brandy.
- Sift flour and baking powder together; add to mixture. Add the nuts and stir to form soft dough.
- Knead lightly and set aside to rest for a short time.
- Form balls from the dough; place on non-greased cookie sheets about 2" apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Cookies should be lightly browned.
- Roll hot cookies in powdered sugar and place on cooling rack. After cooled, roll cookies again in powdered sugar. Store in airtight container.
- NOTE: cookies are delicate and will break easily until cooled.