Grandma Sharon's Mexican Wedding Cakes
- 1/2 lb
- butter- room temp (not margarine)
- 1/2 c
- sifted powdered sugar
- egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- brandy- (the "secret" ingredient)
- 2 1/2 c
- sifted flour
- 1 c
- chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- extra powdered sugar for coating cookies
How to Make Grandma Sharon's Mexican Wedding Cakes
- 1Beat the butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Sift in powdered sugar and cream together.
- 2Add yolk, vanilla, and brandy.
- 3Sift flour and baking powder together; add to mixture. Add the nuts and stir to form soft dough.
- 4Knead lightly and set aside to rest for a short time.
- 5Form balls from the dough; place on non-greased cookie sheets about 2" apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Cookies should be lightly browned.
- 6Roll hot cookies in powdered sugar and place on cooling rack. After cooled, roll cookies again in powdered sugar. Store in airtight container.
- 7NOTE: cookies are delicate and will break easily until cooled.