Grandma Dougan's Molasses Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 Tbspground ginger
1/2 tspground cloves
1/2 cshortening (crisco)
1/2 cgranulated sugas
1/2 cchopped walnuts (optional)
How to Make Grandma Dougan's Molasses Cookies
- Mix first 11 ingredients. Fold in raisins. Place in fridge overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 350.
- I baked them on cookies sheets w/parchment paper for approx 12 to 13 mins in my oven in Michigan.
- Cool completely on cooling rack
- My Grandmother frosted her's cookies with:
4 1/2 c sifted powdered sugar
1/2 C unsweetended cocoa (PDQ chocolate or Benco)
1/2 C butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 C boiling water
- Mix the powered sugar and cocoa. Add butter, boiling water and vanilla. Beat w/electric mixer on low until combine. Beat for 1 min on low speed. Cool for 20 - 30 mins. (This when Grandmas would have a cup of Maxwell House coffee)
- Frost Cookies and Enjoy