Grandma Cooks Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
8 oz(2 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
1 clight brown sugar
1 cwhite suger
2eggs, room tempature
1/2 tspbaking powder
3 crolled oats
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 1/4 craisins, light or dark
How to Make Grandma Cooks Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Set oven at 350 degrees
Sift all the dry ingredients first in 1 bowl, Flour, Salt, Baking Powder and nutmeg. Next in 2nd bowl mix all the wet ingredients until they are creamy, by hand or electric mixer.
- Grandma said to add the sugars at this time until it becomes fluffy about 3 minutes and I still follow her instructions to the tee. Then add 1 egg at a time.
- Slowly mix the flower mixture into the buttery mixture until combinded.
- Then add the Oats and Raisins with a wooden spoon.
- Form the dough into 32 or so 1 inch balls, placing each ball onto two or four parchment paper covered, large cookie sheet. Bake until cookie edges turn golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. I turn my sheets around in the oven for a more even cooking. Let them set for 15 to 20 minutes. before serving.
- Note: Chocolate Chips can be added in place of the raisins, but I like to add them with the raisins sometimes. You can also add nuts. Just add 1 1/4 cups of nuts or Chocolate Chips with or in place of the Raisins.