Grandma Betty's Biscotti
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 call purpose flour
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1 tspbkg. powder
few dash(es)anise extract and/or vanilla
How to Make Grandma Betty's Biscotti
- Mix oil and sugar together.
- Add eggs and mix well. Add few drops of anise extract and/or vanilla to taste.
- Add flour, bkg. powder, salt until dough forms. Add 1 cup walnuts to dough.
- Chill in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- After dough has been chilled, form into logs 1 1/2 " wide by 6" long. Place on parchment lined or greased cookie sheets. I like to use parchment paper; keeps your cookie sheets cleaner and biscotti bake evenly browned.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let cool, then slice diagonally about 1 inch wide. Turn biscotti on their sides and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes on one side, then turn over and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes on the other side; bake until golden brown to your liking.
- Enjoy! These are the best biscotti because they are crisp but not so hard that you can't eat them without dunking in coffee or milk. I have added chocolate chips to the dough, Nutella or chopped Snicker bars which made a big hit! I have sprinkled cinnamon sugar on the top, which makes a whole different taste. When I bake my biscotti, I have to make a double batch - one is not enough to share with loved ones!