Grammy Sharon's Persimmon Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 chachiya persimmon pulp, pureed
1 cbutter, softened
2 cwhite sugar
4 cflour, all purpose
2 tspbaking soda
1 tspcinnamon, ground
1 tspcloves, ground
1 tspnutmeg, ground
1 tspsalt, iodized
3 craisins (optional)
3 cwalnuts, broken (optional)
How to Make Grammy Sharon's Persimmon Cookies
- Wash persimmons. Remove stems. Scoop pulp into a small bowl. Discard peels. Puree pulp and set aside.
- In a medium bowl cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add persimmon pulp and mix well.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, soda, spices, and salt. Add the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix thoroughly.
- Add raisins and walnuts. Mix well.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper which eliminates the need to grease. It is not necessary to reline for each dozen. The one sheet is all that is needed for the entire batch.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of dough for each cookie, flattening them with the back of the spoon.
- Bake 10 - 15 minutes until tops and bottoms of cookies are a golden brown.
- Thoroughly cool on cookie racks before storing in sealed containers or baggies. This will eliminate condensation from forming and making cookies soggy.