How could I refuse!
How to Make Graham Crackers
- 1Combine flour, butter, brown sugar, baking soda, salt in a food processor until crumbly.
- 2In a bowl or Pyrex measuring cup, whisk honey, molasses, milk, and vanilla. Pour into crumbly mix while processor is on.
- 3Mix until soft and sticky. Set aside.
- 4Take plastic wrap (I used one larger layer of tin foil then a layer of wax paper, but I am sure you will find plastic wrap easier), flour it, dump in your dough mix.
- 5Pat dough into a rectangle about one inch high. Fold wrap over it and place in freezer for 1-2 hrs minimum.
- 6Remove dough. Cut in half. Take half on a floured cutting board and roll out. If making squares or rectangles, trim edges of dough to make a perfect rectangle, then cut. If using cookie cutter, just press cutter.
- 7Place cut dough on cookie sheet and place back in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- 8Preheat oven at 325.
- 9Continue with other half of dough with the same steps.
- 10You make poke holes with a toothpick or lightly press a serration if you want the tradition snap in two crackers.
- 11Optionally sprinkle with cinnamon and coarse sugar.
- 12Place in oven for 5-7 minutes.
- 13Remove allow to cool. Place your second batch in. Do the same.
- 14As they cool, you should be left with crispy graham crackers. If you have more of a cookie, you didn't roll your dough thin enough during the cutting stage.
- 15If you cut nice shapes like leaves, they are a delightful addition to top a pie like Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl.
Just cut in shape and freeze without the side touching. Make pie, and before you put in oven, place atop. Use a graham or gingerbread crust for the bottom.