Golden Sunrise Strudel Cookies
1 csoft butter
1 csour cream
2 call purpose flour
1 capricot-pineapple jam (from my pantry)
1/4 corange marmalade
1 cgolden raisins
1 cchopped walnuts
·grated peel of 1 lemon
·grated peel of 1 orange
How to Make Golden Sunrise Strudel Cookies
- Blend butter and sour cream. Mix in flour to make a soft dough. Divide in 4 equal balls. Wrap in plastic film, Chill at least 1 hour or longer. (dough is very soft)
- Combine Jam, marmalade, raisins, nuts and grated citrus peels.
* Jam from the pantry...Uh I don't know if they sell apricot-pineapple jam or if we have to make it ourselves to do this recipe. When testing this recipe I used apricot jam with pineapple ice cream topping mixed together.*
- Roll each ball on heavily floured surface or between two sheets of wax paper into a rectangle 1/4" thick, working one ball at a time. Keep rest of the dough in refrigerator until needed.
- Spread jam mixture over dough. Roll up jelly roll fashion. Place on un-greased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough balls.
- Bake at 375^ for about 40 minutes until sides are crisp to the touch and lightly browned.
- Cool 10-15 minutes or completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, cut into slices and serve.