Gluten Free Scotchies Cookies
1 cfirm packed light brown sugar
1 cbutter or margarine softened
2 cgf all purpose flour --i use jules
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
2 cgf rolled quick oats -- bobs red mill
12 ozbutterscotch baking chips
How to Make Gluten Free Scotchies Cookies
- Combine sugars and margarine beat till creamy ..Add eggs one at a time blend thoroughly.
- Mix together all dry ingredients then add to wet mixture slowly, continuing to mix the entire time. Add Quick Oats... Add Butterscotch chips to the rest but mix these with a spoon. Mixer will break them up.
- When completely mixed, divide the dough in half. Roll into two seperate logs. Approx. 12 - 15 inches in length and about 2 inches around. Wrap each roll in waxed paper and put in the refrigerator for 2 hours to chill and firm up.
- After two hours slice the dough in approx. 1/2 inch slices and lay on cookie sheets. Leave about 2 inches between cookies as they will spread out.
- Bake 8-11 minutes in oven preheated to 375 degrees