How to Make Glitter Balls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. About 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and salt. Mix on medium speed until combined.
- With mixer on low, add flour in two batches, mixing until just incorporated.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Place each on a piece of plastic wrap, flatten into disks. Wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Roll into walnut sized balls. Cut each ball in half placing cut side down on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned.
- Make the filling with the remaining ingredients, and spread a small amount of this filling onto the flat side of one cookie, and top with the flat side of another cookie.
- Roll these in different colored sugars to decorate.