Glistening Spice Cookies
I made several batches of different cookies for an Open Artist Studio Event at my home last week and these were by far the most popular.
I do hope you include this recipe in your "Holiday Cookie Collection".
2 stickbutter, unsalted
1 1/4 cdark brown sugar
1 tspkosher salt
3 tsppumpkin pie spice (i like spice hunter)
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
4 1/2 call purpose flour
8 ozcoarse crystalline sugar (for rolling the dough in)
How to Make Glistening Spice Cookies
- In a large bowl, beat softened butter with the brown sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until well incorporated.
- Stir in the molasses.
- Stir in salt, spice, baking soda and flour.
- Pour some of the crystal sugar in a small bowl and add more as needed to roll 1 1/4 inch balls of dough in. Make the balls of dough by hand. Completely coat the dough balls with the sugar.
- Bake 12 cookies at a time on an ungreased cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Makes about 52 cookies.