Glazed Sugar Cookies
1/2 ccaster sugar/superfine sugar/powdered sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 mediumegg, beaten
1 1/4 cself-rising flour, sifted
1 Tbspcaster sugar
2 Tbsphot water
How to Make Glazed Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 Celsius/Gas Mark 4) Lightly butter baking sheet.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the beaten egg and mix well. Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a plain or fluted nozzle and pipe into S shapes, each about 1 ½ inches (4 cm) long, onto the prepared baking sheets. Lightly brush with sugar glaze.
- For sugar glaze, combine the sugar and water in a heatproof bowl, and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Bake until lightly browned, 12 – 15 minutes. Using a spatula, loosen immediately, and then allow to cool on the baking sheets.