Glazed Sugar Cookies
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 c
- caster sugar/superfine sugar/powdered sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 medium
- egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 c
- self-rising flour, sifted
- 1 Tbsp
- caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- hot water
How to Make Glazed Sugar Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 Celsius/Gas Mark 4) Lightly butter baking sheet.
- 2Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the beaten egg and mix well. Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour.
- 3Place the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a plain or fluted nozzle and pipe into S shapes, each about 1 ½ inches (4 cm) long, onto the prepared baking sheets. Lightly brush with sugar glaze.
- 4For sugar glaze, combine the sugar and water in a heatproof bowl, and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 5Bake until lightly browned, 12 – 15 minutes. Using a spatula, loosen immediately, and then allow to cool on the baking sheets.