Glazed Almond Cookies
1 cbutter, unsalted
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
1/2 tspalmond extract
2 largeeggs, separated
3/4 cblanched almonds, chopped
2 2/3 call purpose flour
1/4 tspkosher salt
48whole unblanched almonds
How to Make Glazed Almond Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extracts and egg yolks.
- Add nuts, flour and salt; mix well.
- Roll into balls, dip into unbeaten egg whites (this will provide the glaze). Place on a greased cookie sheet 2-inches apart. Place a whole almond on each cookie and push down to flatten.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Makes about 48 cookies. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.