GINGERBREAD MAN COOKIES
I made them for a cookie exchange and everyone loved them!
I like this recipe because it uses brown sugar instead of white sugar and using the baking powder makes them puffier.
I got this recipe from food.com
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 3/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 1/2 tsp
- ground ginger (the origional recipe calls for 1 tablespoon)
- 1 3/4 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cloves
- 6 Tbsp
- 3/4 c
- dark brown sugar (i used light brown sugar at the time, didn't have the dark on hand)
- 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
How to Make GINGERBREAD MAN COOKIES
- 1In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, aalt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
- 2In a large bowl beat butter, brown sugar and egg until well blended
- 3Add molasses,and vanilla. mix well
gradually stir in dry ingredients until blended and smooth.
the dough will be kind of like pie dough. pebbly like.
squish it together.
- 4Divide dough in half and wrap each half in plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.(dough can be stored in fridge for up to 4 days but return to room temp befor using. LETTING THE DOUGH STAND AT ROOM TEMP MAKES IT EASIER TO ROLL OUT AND WON'T BE STICKY
- 5preheat oven to 375
grease OR line cookie sheet with parchment paper
place 1 portion of the dough on a lightly floured surface. I kneed the dough like bread a few times. this makes the dough smoother when you roll it out.
roll dough to 1/4 inch
cut out cookies with desired cutter.
space cookies 1 1/2 inches apart
- 6Bake for 7 to 10 minutes (the lower time will give a softer cookie)
remove from oven and allow to stand until cookies are firm enought to move to wire rack
decorate with icing
- 7ICING - 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temp
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tblsp milk or light cream