By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspcardamon, ground
1/2 csweet butter
2 tspgrated orange rind
How to Make Ginger Cookies
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and spices.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar together, then add egg, molasses, salt and orange rind.
- Mix well and stir into dry ingredients.
- Form dough into a ball shape and wrap in plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out to 1/4-inch thick on floured surface.
- Cut into desired shapes and place shapes unto ungreased cookie sheets and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned around edges.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Note: Dough will keep up to one week, refrigerated and cookies can be stored up to 3 weeks in cookie tins.