★★★★★ 1 vote5
3/4 cbutter flavor shortening
2 c+ 1 tblsp all purpose flour
1/2 tspground cloves
1 tspground ginger
2 tspbaking soda
How to Make Ginger Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream shortening and sugar until light.
- Add egg and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in molasses until completely incorporated.
- Sift (or whisk) together flour, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt.
- Add to flour mixture to shortening and sugar mixture, and mix to combine.
- Roll into 1" balls and roll in sugar.
- Place on cookie and press down lightly with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 14-15 minutes.