★★★★★ 1 vote5
3/4 cbutter flavor shortening
2 c+ 1 tblsp all purpose flour
1/2 tspground gloves
1 tspground ginger
2 tspbaking soda
How to Make Ginger Cookies
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the shortening and sugar together.
- Add egg and beat until fluffy. Then add the molasses and beat thoroughly.
- Sift (or whisk) the flour, ground cloves, cinnamon, ground ginger, soda and salt, and add to shortening and sugar mixture.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, then roll in sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet and press lightly with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 14-15 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes, then remove from pan to cooling rack.