Gift Basket Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 1/2 cflour
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 cbutter, room temperature
1 1/2 csugar
1 1/2 tspvanilla
How to Make Gift Basket Cookies
- Add flour and dry ingredients gradually to the creamed mixture, mix well.
- Roll out on a floured board to your desired thickness. About 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick and cut with cookie cutters. If I am giving in a basket, I roll to 1/2" (in order to put them on a stick, they have to be thick)..otherwise I roll approx. 3/8".
- Bake until just golden on edges, about 13-15 minutes, 375 degree oven. This is a heavy cookie, meant to decorate. Only the edges are to be slightly browned.
- You can sprinkle sugar on them for the Christmas holidays, or ice them with Royal Icing.
Sometimes I will cheat and used canned frosting microwaved for just a few seconds. It melts very quickly! I add about a tsp. of meringue powder to 1/2 cup of frosting to get it to set up faster...I've not found this a good frosting for gifts...or if you plan on stacking. It doesn't harden as nicely as Royal frosting.
- There are so many variations to this cookie because the basic recipe is so simple...Orange flavoring, lemon, even almond would be a nice addition.