"Giant LEMON SUGAR COOKIES"
Sorry no photo today, My Camera bit the dust. But will post soon as I can get another.
- 2 C
- sugar (divided)
- zest divided (of 2 lemons only)
- 1 C
- butter, softened
- 2 Lg
- eggs, @ room temp
- 1 tsp
- 1 TBS
- lemon juice (from lemon above)
- 2 3/4 C
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
GIANT SIZED LEMON SUGAR "CRISP" COOKIES
How to Make "Giant LEMON SUGAR COOKIES"
- 1PREHEAT OVEN @ 350 degrees
BAKE 10-12 Minutes . . MAKES 24 GIANT cookies
- 21st. Prepare LEMON SUGAR:
In mini food processor, blend 1/2 C sugar with 1 tsp LEMON ZEST. pulse several times till incorporated well into the sugar.
Place in shallow bowl and SET ASIDE.
- 3PREPARE COOKIE DOUGH:
Stir together Flour salt Cream of tartar and baking soda, set aside.
- 4In large Mixing bowl, CREAM together BUTTER, and remaining 1 1/2 C sugar, Blend in eggs, one at a time, thn add Vanilla, lemon juice, and remaining Lemon Zest.
- 5ADD FLOUR MIXTURE, one cupat a time, blending well after each cup until well incorporated.
CHILL DOUGH 1 HR.
- 6SHAPE THE COOKIES:
using a jumbo cookie scoop or your hands, Shape 2 TBS full of dough into a ball then roll into lemon sugar.
- 7Place on Cookie sheet Flatten, by pressing lightly down with bottom of a glass util cookie is about 1/2" thick. REPEAT.
- 8(6) cookies will fit on one 18" X 13" baking sheet.