Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
2/3 ccrisco, or half butter and crisco
1/2 cwhite sugar
1/2 cdark brown sugar, packed
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 cplain flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 cchocolate chips
1/2 -- 1 cnuts, (optional)
How to Make Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Place racks in the middle and top of your oven. Preheat to 375*.
- Cream sugars and crisco. Add egg and vanilla.
Combine all dry ingredients,including chips and nuts if using,and stir with whisk.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture in halfs.
Dough should be of modling clay consistency.
Divide dough in half and place each piece on an ungreased cookie sheet, 12" wide.
- Flour hands and pat into an 8" circle 1/2" thick. Leave a little thicker around edges. Parchment paper works well here too.
- Bake 15-20 min. Watch them closely as ovens vary.
When its done it will be light brown color and you will smell it. Remove the pans from oven and allow to cool on the pan, on a rack for 3 min. Lift carefully. Put on serving platter and allow to cool completely. Decorate or frost or just eat it..
- I use my pizza peel to lift them as its wider and deeper than spatulas or egg turners.