Ghiradelli Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodles!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
My two favorite cookies are snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies. Combining the two was genius! These cookies were nice and crispy on the outside and had a buttery soft center. The Test Kitchen
- 2 3/4 c
- sifted all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- cream of tarter
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- soft butter or margarine (2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 c
- 10 oz bag of Ghiradelli (60% cacao) bittersweet chocolate chips
- cinnamon and sugar to roll the cookie dough in.
How to Make Ghiradelli Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodles!
- 1Combine the first 4 ingredients in a separate bowl.
- 2In a standup mixer or separate bowl cream your butter/margarine, sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- 3Next slowly add the dry ingredients into the sugar mixture until dough like. Fold in the chocolate chips and chill for an hour or so. This makes the rolling of the dough easier.
- 4You will need some cinnamon and sugar to roll the cookie dough in. (I always have this made up and kept on hand). Take sugar about 1/4 cup and then add a tsp or so of cinnamon to it in a small bowl or plastic container. Set aside.
- 5Once the dough is chilled, take a heaping tablespoon full and roll in a ball with your hands, roll in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. If you don't have parchment paper then on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 6Bake in a 350° preheated oven. 8 to 9 minutes for a soft gooey cookie or 10 minutes for a firm cookie. My daddy likes firm cookies. Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container. Mine didn't make it to a container.
- 7Just a little story: After baking these cookies I placed them cookies on a redware dish I had and took them out to my daddy to see if he wanted some, well I had to run into the house and completely forgot about the cookies, my momma came in with an empty plate and said my daddy wanted a refill! Holy Cow he ate those cookies in less than 20 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband only got 2 of those cookies! Needless to say I made another batch. In all reality this batch makes approximately 3 dozen cookies plenty for sharing unless your daddy is a "Cookie Monster"!