German Chocolate Chip Cookies
How to Make German Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, egg, cocoa and 3/4 cup of the frosting until soft dough forms.
- 3shape dough into 24 (1 1/4 inch) balls. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls about 2 inches apart. Bake 11 to 13 minutes, or until set. Cool 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and place on cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 4Spread remaining frosting evenly over cookies. Sprinkle with Chocolate.
- 5These store well in a plastic storage container. They will remain moist and chewy. They also freeze well.
- 6**I purchased two containers of the coconut pecan frosting..I found that one tub was not enough...after using the 3/4 cup in the batter it didn't leave much to put ontop of the cookies for my taste. You will end up with frosting left over..which you can freeze or store in fridge for your next batch. DO NOT use more than 3/4 cup frosting in batter..go according to the directions above.