Garrison's Oatmeal Cookies
1 1/2 stickbutter, unsalted
2/3 cwhite sugar
2/3 cdark brown sugar
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspcinnamon
2/3 cchopped pecans
1/2 cprunes, moist variety, snipped small
2 call purpose flour
2 cold fashioned oats
How to Make Garrison's Oatmeal Cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter with the white and brown sugars.
- Add the egg and blend well.
- Add the salt, soda, cinnamon, honey, and vanilla. Stir to mix well.
- Stir in the pecans and snipped prunes. Mix well.
- Stir in flour and oats. Mix well.
- Form 1.75" balls and place 9 at a time on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 11-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool a couple of minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely. Store airtight. Makes 32 cookies.