Galettes Blanches De Grand-Mère
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
Galettes were probably brought to Quebec with the first settlers from France.
From Traditional Quebec Cooking by Micheline-Mongrain-Dontigny. No yield was given, so I'm guessing.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cbrown sugar
2 tspbaking powder
How to Make Galettes Blanches De Grand-Mère
- Cream shortening and sugar. Add egg.
- Add dry ingredients alternating with milk. Dough will be soft and difficult to manipulate.
- Generously flour working surface and roll out a third of the dough at a time to a thickness of 1/2 inch.
- Generously dust top of dough before rolling out.
- Cut 3 inch circles of dough, lift carefully with spatula, shake off excess flour by rapidly shifting galette between hands and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet leaving a 2 inch space between galettes.
- Bake in middle of oven for 15 minutes at 350F.
- Remove galettes from baking sheet with spatula and cool on wire rack.
- Store in airtight container to prevent drying out and loosing their soft texture.