Gaiety Pastel Cookies
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Can you say "adorable"?! I can't, because my mouth is full! These sweet little cookies are cute AND tasty. A great addition to any cookie tray or bake sale! The Test Kitchen
3 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 cbutter, softened (3sticks)
1 pkggelatin, any flavor, reserve 1 tbsp. for glaze (small pkg)
1 tspvanilla extract
1 cpowdered sugar
1/4 tspvanilla extract
1 Tbspreserved gelatin dissolved in 1 tbsp. hot water
How to Make Gaiety Pastel Cookies
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix flour and baking powder; set aside.
- Beat butter in large mixing bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugar and 1 pkg. of dry gelatin minus 1 tbsp. for icing. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place two inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten with the bottom of a clean glass.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, watching carefully. Edges should turn slightly golden when the cookies are done.
- Remove from baking sheets to wire racks and allow to cool completely.
- For the glaze: mix together powdered sugar, vanilla, and reserved gelatin dissolved in hot water. Add more water one tablespoon at a time if needed to make the glaze liquid enough to drizzle.
- Leave cookies on wire racks but put wax paper underneath to catch glaze. Using a spoon or measuring cup with spout, drizzle glaze on cookies in any fashion you like. A little glaze is just as good as a lot of glaze.