Fruity Oatmeal Bars
2 cdry rolled oats
2 cpacked brown sugar
2 call purpose flour
1 tspground cinnamon
1 tspbaking soda
1 csoftened butter
13 ozjar seedless raspberry, blackberry or peach preserves.
How to Make Fruity Oatmeal Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray the foil generously with non-stick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the first 6 dry ingredients.
- Mix the softened butter in with your hands. Press 4 cups of the cookie mixture into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Spread the preserves over the oatmeal crust in the baking sheet. Leave about 1/4" along the edges. Sprinkle the remaining oatmeal crumbs on top of the preserves and press down lightly.
- Bake the cookie bars for about 40 minutes until the edges and top are lightly browned. Remove pan to a cooling rack for 2-3 hours until firm and completely cooled.
- Carefully take the cookie out of the pan using the foil to gently lift. Place the cooled cookie on a cutting board. Using a large knife sprayed with cooking spray, cut into 18 small pieces or desired shapes and sizes. Peel foil from bottom.
- Store covered in a cool dry place.