Fruity Oatmeal Bars
How to Make Fruity Oatmeal Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray the foil generously with non-stick baking spray.
- 2In a medium bowl, stir together the first 6 dry ingredients.
- 3Mix the softened butter in with your hands. Press 4 cups of the cookie mixture into the bottom of the baking pan.
- 4Spread the preserves over the oatmeal crust in the baking sheet. Leave about 1/4" along the edges. Sprinkle the remaining oatmeal crumbs on top of the preserves and press down lightly.
- 5Bake the cookie bars for about 40 minutes until the edges and top are lightly browned. Remove pan to a cooling rack for 2-3 hours until firm and completely cooled.
- 6Carefully take the cookie out of the pan using the foil to gently lift. Place the cooled cookie on a cutting board. Using a large knife sprayed with cooking spray, cut into 18 small pieces or desired shapes and sizes. Peel foil from bottom.
- 7Store covered in a cool dry place.