Fruity Bars By freda
These are a SOFT cookie bar.
You will want to make more than one batch and in a different Flavor.
This I call my Semi Homemade Cookie Recipe, Hope you all will enjoy this.
Just use your Imaginations in the fillings in these, its endless.
- 1 pkg
- pillsbury refrig. sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 tsp
- lemon extract
- 3/4 C
- 3/4 to 1 c jam preserves (peach/ raspberry)
- 1/4 C
- chopped pecans or macadamia nuts
TOPPING: AS FOLLOWS
OPTIONAL; PDR SUGAR OR DRIZZLE WHITE CHOCOLATE
OPTION: USE YOUR CHOICE OF FRUIT JAM
How to Make Fruity Bars By freda
- 1Preheat Oven @ 350, Bake 35 min.
Line a 8" square pan with foil both ways, (Criss cross) to use as handles to PicK up Cookies from the pan when cooked.
- 21. Dampen hands with water or Oil, Press only 2/3 cookie dough into Bottom of 8" pan, covering all 8" of pan.
- 32. Spread with your favorite Jam or Preserves with the Lemon Extract mixed into it, Spread over cookie dough. (Peach or Raspberry is very good)
- 43. Crumble the remaining 1/3 cookie dough over top of the Jam layer.
- 54. Sprinkle the (Nuts) Pecans over the top.
- 65. BAKE about 35 min. or til edges are golden brown and cooked thru the center.
LET COOL IN THE PAN.
Lift the Foil to remove from the pan.
Cookies are soft so be careful.
TOP with your desired topping BELOW,
Cut into Desired Bars.
Sprinkle with a dusting of PDR SUGAR.
Drizzle with Melted White Chocolate in a zig zag pattern before Cutting.
. . ENJOY . . !!