Fruit Thumbprint Cookies
How to Make Fruit Thumbprint Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
- 2Seperate the egg from the yolk- hold back egg white.
- 3Cream butter, sugar and egg yolk.
- 4Add vanilla extract, flour and salt. Mix really well.
- 5Shape dough into balls - rolls balls in the egg whites. Place dough on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- 6Bake for 5 minutes.
- 7Remove cookies from oven- press thumb into the center of each cookie- then fill the thumbprint with your choice of preserves or jam.
- 8Bake another 8 minutes until lightly browned.