Fruit Thumbprint Cookies
How to Make Fruit Thumbprint Cookies
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
- Seperate the egg from the yolk- hold back egg white.
- Cream butter, sugar and egg yolk.
- Add vanilla extract, flour and salt. Mix really well.
- Shape dough into balls - rolls balls in the egg whites. Place dough on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven- press thumb into the center of each cookie- then fill the thumbprint with your choice of preserves or jam.
- Bake another 8 minutes until lightly browned.