Fruit Filled Yummies
Either way they are so good.
2 cdried cranberries
9 Tbsporange marmalade
2 1/4 cchopped dried apricots
9 Tbsporange marmaade
4 1/2 tspwater
8 ozpackage cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cflour
1/2 cmargarine or butter
1 largeegg, beaten
·sugar to sprinkle of each cookie
How to Make Fruit Filled Yummies
- Preheat oven to 450
- Mix and blend cream cheese, flour and butter until smooth, shape into a ball; wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For cranberry filling, combine cranberries and marmalade in a food processer, cover and process until finely chopped. Place in a bowl and set aside. Rince out food processer with warm water and dry.
- For apricot filing, combine apricots, marmalade and water in a food processer, cover and process until finely chopped. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Remove dough from refrigerater when chilled. Cut the ball in half and replace the other half back into the refrigerator.
- Place your half of dough on a floured service and press down and roll out to 1/8 inch thick. Cut with
2-1/2 inch square cutter. You could use a 2-1/2 round cutter also.
- Remove second half of dough from refregiator and roll out as above.Place a rounded teaspoon of filling in the center of each square or circle.
- Shape by folding two opposit points of square dough over one another, press to seal or fold edges of circles together and press to seal.
- Brush each cookie with egg using a pastry brush and sprinkle with sugar.Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place on cooling rack to cool.
- Makes 3-1/2 dozen.