Fruit Filled Yummies
Either way they are so good.
- cranberry filling:
- 2 c
- dried cranberries
- 9 Tbsp
- orange marmalade
- apricot filling:
- 2 1/4 c
- chopped dried apricots
- 9 Tbsp
- orange marmaade
- 4 1/2 tsp
- 8 oz
- package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- margarine or butter
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- sugar to sprinkle of each cookie
How to Make Fruit Filled Yummies
- 1Preheat oven to 450
- 2Mix and blend cream cheese, flour and butter until smooth, shape into a ball; wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3For cranberry filling, combine cranberries and marmalade in a food processer, cover and process until finely chopped. Place in a bowl and set aside. Rince out food processer with warm water and dry.
- 4For apricot filing, combine apricots, marmalade and water in a food processer, cover and process until finely chopped. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- 5Remove dough from refrigerater when chilled. Cut the ball in half and replace the other half back into the refrigerator.
- 6Place your half of dough on a floured service and press down and roll out to 1/8 inch thick. Cut with
2-1/2 inch square cutter. You could use a 2-1/2 round cutter also.
- 7Remove second half of dough from refregiator and roll out as above.Place a rounded teaspoon of filling in the center of each square or circle.
- 8Shape by folding two opposit points of square dough over one another, press to seal or fold edges of circles together and press to seal.
- 9Brush each cookie with egg using a pastry brush and sprinkle with sugar.Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Remove from pan and place on cooling rack to cool.
- 11Makes 3-1/2 dozen.